§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) Below you will find information regarding the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The data controller pursuant to Article 4, Paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
EM Gerätebau GmbH
Präzision & Service – kraftvoll in Blech
Ahornstraße 10 – 14
Telefon: 08145 921-300
Telefax: 08145 921-333
Daniel Henle, Martin Landersdorfer, Manfred Merkl
(3) When contacting us by e-mail or via a contact form, we will store the data you provide us (your e-mail address, if applicable, your name and phone number) to respond to your enquiry. We delete the data accumulated in this context after its storage is no longer necessary or restrict its processing if there are statutory retention obligations.
(4) In the event we contract providers for individual tasks of our offer and wish to use your data for advertising purposes, you will find detailed information about the specific processes below. In the process, we will also disclose the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights as a user
When processing your personal data, the GDPR grants you certain rights as a website user:
1. Right to receive information (Article 15 of the GDPR):
You have the right at any time to request from us confirmation of whether we process your personal data; and if we do, you have the right to receive information about said personal data and the information specified in Article 15 of the GDPR.
2. Right to correction and erasure (Article 16 and 17 of the GDPR):
You have the right to demand the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you and, if necessary, the completion of any incomplete personal data without delay.
You also have the right to demand that personal data relating to you be deleted immediately if one of the reasons specified in Article 17 of the GDPR applies, e.g. if the data is no longer required for the purposes being pursued.
3. Right to restriction of processing, (Article 18 of the GDPR):
You have the right to demand the restriction of data processing if one of the conditions listed in Article 18 of the GDPR is met, e.g. if you have lodged an objection according to Article 21 of the GDPR against the processing in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR or for the duration of any review as to whether our legitimate interests override your interests as a data subject.
4. Right to data portability (Article 20 of the GDPR):
In certain cases, which are listed in detail in Article 20 of the GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer of this data to a third party.
Right of objection (Article 21 of the GDPR):
If data is collected pursuant to Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR (data processing for the protection of legitimate interests) or pursuant to Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. e of the GDPR (data processing for the protection of public interests or in the exercise of official authority), you have the right to object to the processing at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation. We will no longer process the personal data unless there are demonstrably compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
6. Right to complain to a regulatory authority
Per Article 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you are of the opinion that the processing of the data concerning you violates data protection provisions. The right of appeal can be exercised before a supervisory authority in the Member State in which you live, at your place of work or at the place where the alleged infringement was committed.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the event that you only use our website for informational purposes, i.e. you do not register or otherwise send us information, we only collect the personal data your browser transmits to our server. When browsing our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical reasons, for display purposes and to ensure the stability and security of our website (legal grounds Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Nature of the requirement (which page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Amount of data transferred
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are also stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and which receive specific information by this cookie being set (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
(3) Data processing when using the contact form
You have the option of sending us an enquiry via our contact form.
Using the contact form
If you use this option, only the personal data provided by you in the context of your enquiry will be collected. Your e-mail address and your surname are required details without which it is unfortunately not possible to send your enquiry to us.
You are also welcome to tell us your first name and or title (Ms/Mr) so that we can address you correctly in our reply.
The processing of the data you provide as part of your enquiry via our contact form is based on the consent to processing that you grant us by sending us your enquiry.
You may revoke this authorisation at any time with future effect. Your revocation will not render the processing of your personal data prior to your revocation unlawful.
In the event that a contract is concluded between you and us as a result of contacting us, the data storage is based on the contract or on necessary pre-contractual measures.
We store the data we receive from you via the contact form until your enquiry has been fully processed. Subject to your consent to store your data for further use, we will delete your data after completing the processing of your enquiry, unless a contractual relationship has been established between us as a result of the contact. In this case, we will store the data, insofar as necessary, until the expiry of the retention periods under commercial and tax law.
Right of revocation of consent
To exercise your right of revocation, simply write us a short e-mail or choose another form of contact. You can find the contact address in our legal information and at the beginning of this declaration.
(4) SSL/TLS encryption
We use the TLS or SSL encryption technology on the pages of our website that allow personal data to be entered (in particular the contact form, etc.). This is a protocol for encrypting data transmissions in order to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data by third parties. You can identify the encryption by the designation “https://”.
a) Our website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted upon closing the browser. These specifically includes session cookies. These store a so-called session ID used to assign various enquiries from your browser to a common session. This enables recognising your computer when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted upon logging out or closing the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specific period, which can vary depending on the cookie. Cookies can be deleted at any time in the browser security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and block third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note, you may not be able to use all functions on this website.
(6) Google Webfonts:
(1) We use what are known as web fonts on our websites in order to display the content on our websites in an appealing, correct and uniform manner across all browsers. The appealing and correct presentation of our content constitutes a legitimate interest.
The web fonts we use are Google Fonts from Google LLC (Google), Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
A font is generally referred to as a typeface found on an end device or the environment connected to it. Web fonts make it possible to use fonts that are not stored on the PC of the website visitor or the device used to visit our website.
(2) The fonts used on the website you are visiting are loaded into your browser cache by your browser when you visit the website so that the content (text and characters) can be displayed correctly. During this process, the browser you are using establishes a connection with Google’s servers. As part of this connection between your browser and Google, Google becomes aware that your IP address has accessed our website. According to Google’s statement, however, there is no merging of otherwise known personal data (e.g. if you are logged into your Google account at the time of accessing our website) and the fact that your IP address is transmitted to Google when you access a website.
The CSS (Cascading Style Sheets – a programming or stylesheet language that gives the content on our site its appearance, e.g. the colour display of individual words or paragraphs) are stored in the cache for 24 hours, according to Google.
According to Google, the font files themselves are stored in the cache for one year.
You can find more information on data storage and Google Fonts at the following link: https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq.
You can find more information about Google’s use of data here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de.
If your browser does not support Google Fonts or if access is prevented, the content will be displayed in a standard font that is stored on the terminal device you are using.
(7) Declaration of consent for the storage of applicant data
It is possible to upload application documents to us via some sub-pages. This data is uploaded via a secure connection according to the state of the art. By uploading your data and participating in the application process, you expressly agree to the following provisions:
(1) If my application is unsuccessful, I agree that EM Gerätebau GmbH may store the personal data that I have provided (for example in cover letters, CVs, certificates, applicant questionnaires, applicant interviews) as part of the overall application process beyond the end of the specific application process. I consent to EM Gerätebau GmbH using this data to contact me at a later date and to continue the application process should I be considered for another position.
(2) If I myself have provided “special categories of personal data” in accordance with Article 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation in my letter of application or other documents I have submitted in the application process (e.g. a photo that reveals ethnic origin, information about severely disabled status, etc.), my consent also relates to this data. EM Gerätebau GmbH, however, would like to evaluate all applicants only according to their qualifications and therefore asks that such information be omitted from the application if possible.
This consent also applies to data about my qualifications and activities obtained from generally accessible data sources (in particular professional social networks), which EM Gerätebau GmbH has permissibly collected as part of the application process. My personal data will not be shared with third parties.
This consent is voluntary and has no effect on my chances in the current application process. I am able to refuse consent without giving reasons, and without me having to fear any disadvantages. I can also revoke my consent at any time; if I do so, my data will be deleted immediately after the application process has been completed.
Additional declaration for special categories of data:
My application contains special categories of personal data (e.g. marital status information that may provide information about my sex life or sexual orientation; information about my health; a photograph that allows conclusions about my ethnic origin and, if applicable, my eyesight and/or religion to be drawn; similarly sensitive data within the meaning of Article 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation). My application may therefore only be processed in its present form with my consent. I consent to EM Gerätebau GmbH processing the special categories of personal data contained in my letter of application and the attached documents for the purpose of carrying out the application procedure. This consent is exclusively for the purpose of being able to consider the application in its present form. The information will not be taken into account in the application process unless there is a legal obligation to do so – especially in the case of severely disabled persons. My personal data will not be shared with third parties. I am not under any obligation to give this consent and may instead submit an application stripped of personal data from the special categories without this having any impact on my chances in the application process. I can refuse my consent without providing a reason and revoke any consent I have given at any time. In the event of revocation, any of my data covered by the consent will be deleted immediately. Should consent not be given or be revoked, however, my previously submitted application cannot be considered in its present form.
§ 4 Contact details of the data protection officer
Our company’s data protection officer will be happy to provide you with information or suggestions on the subject of data protection:
IT-Strategie, IT-Sicherheit & Datenschutz | M1512 DATEV eG
Postanschrift: DATEV eG, 90329 Nürnberg
The protection of children’s data is especially important in the online sector. This website is not designed for or aimed at children. The use of our services by minors is only permitted with the prior consent or authorisation of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with personal data without their consent, they can contact us at email@example.com.
Updates and changes:
We reserve the right to change or review these Data Protection Declaration from time to time. You will find the date of the current version under “Last changed on”. Your continued use of the platform following the notice of such changes on our website will constitute your consent to any such changes to the Data Protection Declaration and will be treated as your agreement to be bound by the amended provisions.
If you have any general questions about the website, the information we collect about you, or how we use that information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EM Gerätebau GmbH
Last changed on 02.06.2020